Monday, March 06, 2006

A simple answer to a simple question about a profound subject

This morning I celebrated Andrea's birthday by asking her to be my wife. She said yes. Today also happens to mark the 18 month-a-versary that I met her for the second time for the first time. If that sounds confusing, it should. I originally met her in a gym about two years ago but only said hello to her (I was talking with a friend in a local gym who she also knew and was apparently meeting there). Then on September 6, 2004 (about 5 months later) she and I happened to be walking in opposite directions through a local park when we recognized each other, started talking, and then went for coffee. The rest has been historic bliss for me.

During my recent plight for finding gainful employment, I came to the conclusion that Andrea and I would be much more successful by being a married teaching couple than two crazy teachers in love. And, knowing that if overseas employment wasn't a possibility, returning to the states as a married couple would also be much easier from an embassic perspective than two crazy teachers in love. Oh, and I'm crazy in love with her too (that goes without saying). So all the arrows were pointing in the direction of marriage and it also felt right to propose on her birthday for some reason. I'm very happy and feel very fortunate.

So the idea is to get all the paperwork necessary for the visa application turned in as soon as possible. I understand that the process takes between 3 and 4 months. Which means we will be getting married quickly with a justice of the peace, then planning a more 'traditional'(?) wedding wherever we end up.

If you would like to read a more romantic story of the recent events, you can visit Andrea's page.

2 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger Eric the Something said...

You are one romantic bastard Adam. e and I have also decided that you are making us look bad, and woefully single. So good for you and screw you.

But mostly good for you.

Drop me a line some time.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Chancletika said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home